Vacancy announcement - Project Coordination Assistant- 3R Kenya Project
As part of the transition strategy from aid to trade, Wageningen UR in collaboration with several Kenyan partners will implement a project that assesses and validates the lessons from the Netherlands Embassy’s agriculture and Food and Nutrition Security programmes on market-led approaches to supporting competitive and sustainable growth of selected agri-food sectors. The 3R Kenya project (Resilient, Robust and Reliable from Aid to Trade) will investigate whether these lessons relating to innovative interventions in the sectors can be transferred and scaled up, and as such better anchored within Kenya. The project will also include the experiences of other related programmes in Kenya that are centrally funded by the government of the Netherlands. To successfully validate and scale out these lessons, the project will also support stakeholder networks to enable results validation, scaling up and policy outreach. The project will focus on the horticulture, dairy and aquaculture sectors.
To support project implementation, we are recruiting a Project Coordination Assistant who will work under the direct supervision of the 3R Project Coordinator at the African Centre for Technology Studies (ACTS). The Project Coordination Assistant will perform the following tasks:-
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) tasks (35%)
- Work closely with the project coordinator and manager to support operation of the project M&E System.
- Contribute to the preparation of necessary M&E tools to be used for capturing the necessary data related to project outputs, outcomes and impacts and analysis according to the guidelines developed for the project.
- Follow-up with the various project teams to ensure timely collection and analysis of M&E data and coordinate the compilation of annual M&E reports.
- Ensure the monitoring and reporting tools for the project are made available to all project teams.
- Provide input into the development of the overall monitoring and reporting system of the project as per the project M&E framework.
- Assist with compiling the project Annual Work Plan (AWP) including M&E plan in collaboration with the 3R project team.
- Support the project coordinator to organize project learning and dissemination events.
Communication tasks (35%)
- Support the implementation of the project communication strategy by contributing to development and dissemination of various communication products.
- Monitor progress and effect of the communication strategy
- Ensure easy public access to project outputs.
- Update the project website, project blog and in various social media channels from time to time.
- Contribute to developing innovative ways of knowledge transfer approaches in the project.
Research and Administration support (30%)
- Provide research support to various project activities including conducting field work as assigned
- Represent the project in various meetings /forums as assigned.
- Assist in various administrative and financial management tasks related to the project
- Undertake other tasks as may be assigned by the project coordinator
Experience and skills required:
- Over 3 years work experience including in M&E and communication related position in development and/or research focussed organization
- Demonstrable experience in developing M&E matrix
- Experience in conducting field research
- Superior qualitative and quantitative data analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relational skills
- Self-driven and ability to work under pressure and ensure timely delivery of tasks
- Master’s degree in Agricultural related studies, Social Sciences/Development studies or a relevant field is preferred.
Terms of offer
- A competitive package will be offered commensurate to experience.
- This is a 2-year full time position with potential for extension. It will start with an initial probation period of 4 months.
- The selected person will be employed in accordance with ACTS terms of employment.
- We offer a collegial, diverse and gender-sensitive working environment.