SEED Africa Symposium (#SEEDAS16)
About the Symposium
The SEED Africa Symposium is an annual international forum for sharing knowledge and experience, establishing partnerships, and developing solutions to stimulate the growth of social and eco-entrepreneurship across the African continent.
Under the theme From Innovation to Imitation, the SEED Africa Symposium 2016 will bring together around 500 enterprises, researchers, practitioners, investors, policy makers and representatives of the civil society to discuss how stakeholders can collaboratively utilize the replication of business models for successfully contributing to green growth and sustainable development across the African continent.
Highlights of this year’s Symposium
- Inspiring Panels and speeches providing insights on challenges and success stories when replicating business models
- Interactive Sessions providing a platform for controversial questions and ground-breaking solutions mutually developed by stakeholders from business, politics, academia and civil society
- A new round of the established SEED Investor Dialogue fostering fruitful connections between impact investors and entrepreneurs
- The SEED Award Ceremony 2016 honoring outstanding social and environmental enterprises with the SAG-SEED Awards supported by the European Union, the SEED Africa Awards supported by the Government of Flanders and the SEED Gender Equality Award
- The SEED South-South Exhibition showcasing innovative, locally-driven, entrepreneurial approaches to sustainable development challenges of social and eco enterprises from across the continent
Find out more about the #SEEDAS16 programme
Discover outcomes of last year’s event here