Developing Green Climate Fund Projects
A preparatory course for the public and private sectors on Designing and Implementing Green Climate Fund Projects
Dates: 6th-9th December 2016
Venue: University of Nairobi, Institute for Climate Change and Adaptation
The main aim of the course is to provide participants drawn from both public and private organisations with skills and understanding of the operations of the GCF, and how to develop competitive and fundable GCF project proposals supportive to the implementation of NDCs, in various sectors and contexts within the East African Community. Participants will be drawn from the East African Community including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Burundi.
- Environmental and development NGOs
- Private Sector
- State departments
- Research and development organisations
What are the benefits of the course?
- Participants will receive certificates jointly issued by the course organizers
- Participants will have a better understanding of the strategic opportunities for GCF funding
- Participants will acquire GCF project design and management skills
- Participants will be a priority target for multinational and national employers seeking investments in GCF projects
How to apply
- Applications are submitted through an online form available here
- Application deadline: 30th October 2016
- Course Fees: US$ 500 per participant covering conference package and training materials. Expert fees will be covered by the organisers.
- Early applications are encouraged due to limited spaces
The organizers are leading research, policy and capacity building institutions with extensive expertise and experience in capacity building in the area of sustainable development and climate change. The institutions also have strong north-south partnerships from where they leverage expertise and lessons to deliver the course in a quality and user oriented manner.
- African Centre for Technology Studies
- The National Treasury of the Ministry of Finance Kenya
- The Institute for Climate Change and Adaptation
- The Africa Sustainability Hub