Kennedy Mbeva - Research Fellow, Climate Resilient Economies/Responsible Natural Resource Economies
Mr. Kennedy Liti Mbeva is a Research Fellow, Climate Resilient Economies / Responsible Natural Resource Economies. Kennedy has a keen interest in sustainable development, especially in the African context. In particular, he is interested in how a transition to low-carbon, climate-resilient economies and responsible use of natural resources can contribute to the attainment of sustainable development in African countries.
Kennedy has been actively involved in climate and environmental policy and governance issues and processes since 2008, having had his start working with other youth in the African Youth Initiative on Climate Change (AYICC) movement. He has also worked with the Kenya Youth Climate Network and the IUCN Taskforce on Intergenerational Partnerships for Sustainable Development. Kennedy served as the Advocacy and Policy Development Officer for the AYICC Kenya chapter, and also East and Central Africa Regional Coordinator for the AYICC continental. He has also worked with Transparency International Kenya and conducted research at the German Development Institute in Bonn, Germany. Kennedy has worked and studied in Kenya, China and Germany. His professional experience spans a wide spectrum, from grassroots to international levels, working on issues of climate and environmental policy and governance.
Mr. Mbeva has a penchant for writing about various development issues. He is a contributor to the International Political Forum, Youth Policy Think tank, among others.
Kennedy holds an Msc. in Environmental Management and Sustainable Development (Distinction) from the UNEP-Tongji Institute of Environment for Sustainable Development (China) and a Bachelors degree in Environmental Studies (Hons) from Kenyatta University (Kenya).
- Mbeva, K. L & Makomere, R. (2015). Orchestrating Environment Sustainability in Regional Trade Agreements. African Center for Technology Studies
- Mbeva, K. L (2014). Africa Needs a Fair and Equitable Global Climate Agreement. A Climate for Change. Green European Journal: 10. [Online Link]
- Pauw, P. & Mbeva, K. L. (2015). INDCs: A Silver Bullet for the Climate Change Negotiations, or empty talk? The Current Column. German Development Institute. [Online Link]
- Mbeva, K. L (2014, August 14). Roll Out Climate Initiatives in Kenya. Business Daily. [Online Link]
- Grimm, S. &G7 and the Partnership with Africa. Center for Chinese Studies, Stellenbosch University. [Online Link]
- Mbeva, K L, Makomere, R. & Wahome, K. (2012). My Little COP Pocketbook. GreenBits Initiative. [Online Link]
- Mbeva, K L., Makomere, R, Peters, J, Kemp, L. & Asiago, A. (2013). Defrosting COP19. GreenBits Initiative. [Online Link]